We received this wonderful email and simply have to share it with you.
Greetings! I hope this message finds you well. I recently learned about an amazing opportunity, and thought I would be remiss if I didn’t share it with you, given that it’s a special opportunity to help build the beloved community in Detroit, and to explore the healing of personal and collective wounds.
It’s a 16-week online training designed and led by James O’Dea, past President of the Institute of Noetic Sciences, co-director of The Social Healing Project, and former Director of Amnesty International (D.C. office). I took the class two year ago, and it was absolutely phenomenal. It cost $600 to attend when I took it, but this year they are offering a special “United Detroit city-wide initiative,” for those invested in building the beloved community in Detroit, for an incredibly low fee. This is a HUGE opportunity! I have signed up to take the course again, and am looking forward to what may result from connecting with others invested in peace and healing in Detroit.
The course explores five pillars of peacebuilding:
- Deep personal peace
- Healing personal and collective wounds
- Communicating peace
- Mastering systems change
- Activating and organizing for peace
Lecturers for the class this year include:
- Arun Gandhi, grandson of Mohandas Gandhi (I listened to his pre-recorded lecture two years ago and it blew me away to hear him describe his personal experiences with the Mahatma)
- William Ury, co-founder of the Harvard Negotiation Project and co-author of the famous Getting to YES book (as well as Getting to Peace aka The Third Side)
- Azim Khamisa, internationally renowned expert on forgiveness who is a fantastic speaker (I heard him speak in person last February ~ his story is amazing, as is his free forgiveness workbook at www.azimkhamisa.com/wp-c…/uploads/forgivenessworkbookweb.pdf)
- Aqeela Sherrills, celebrated peacemaker who brokered truce between the Crips and the Bloods in Los Angeles
All class lectures are recorded and transcribed, available for later download. There is more information than you could possibly want about the class at www.citiesofpeacedetroit.com.
Please pass this information on to others who may be interested, and note the 16-week class starts this Wednesday.
Peace and Love,
Peacebuilder with The Transformation Station